Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Montana February 2010 Part 3

Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2010
There was a freezing ground fog this morning, much like the last day of the Seeley 200.  Everything exposed had a thin coating of ice. The harnesses were in the house and the towline was in the sled bag, that had to be pried open. I had learned my lesson about leaving stuff outside a long time ago. I got everything ready to go and waited for Doug’s call. Melanie had told me I would probably run dogs today. I was excited and a bit nervous. Melanie was in Missoula, on her way home after dropping off some horses Doug had trailered up from Arizona. Doug was in Wyoming, with John, at the International Pedigree (dog food) Stage Stop Sled Dog Race (IPSSSDR). The call never came. At 11 o’clock I called Doug. He did not have his list of dogs and could not take notes as he was out on the trail following the race. I would have the day off, but would be running dogs tomorrow, after Melanie got home tonight. We spent the day weighing out and packaging (45) 4 pound bags of beef fat. It would be added to the dogs food while they were running the Iditarod.

No comments:

Post a Comment