Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Montana February 2010 Part 10

Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010
Start at camp Rimini. Forgot cooler with dog food at Jeremie’s. Very nervous about running sled without fixing it. Pulled in many directions at once, John wanted McBride added and other dog removed. Needed vet check. Tom wanted to talk to Kris and I about how we would run our race. I wanted to fix the sled. Tom said he would fix it but then said he couldn’t. John thought it would be good to go. I WANTED IT FIXED. I finally got enough time to run some baling wire through the holes after string and electrical wire did not work.

At the start there was a long straight away then a hard right (110 degree) turn around a tree and snow fence. I jumped off, tipped the sled up on the outside runner and ran around the curve in front of a large crowd. Jumped back on the runners and was thrown off again, almost fell but was determined not to fall in front of the crowd, ran and jumped back on. It felt good to be able to do that and make it. Some technical spots in the trail were just like dog sledding in Alaska (I was told later by Terry Adkins, at the banquet - Dalzel and Happy) I loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment