Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Seeley Lake 200 Sled Dog Race - Part 1

Friday, January 15 thru Sunday, January 17
Race day arrived. Doug had flown in last night and was here through the week-end for the race. I got up at the usual time and pulled my outer wear on over the sweatshirt and pants I wore to sleep in, before going to the dog yard to feed and water the dogs. When I got back to the house, Doug was up and there was a flurry of activity as we got everything ready to go into town. We had a musher’s meeting at 9AM followed by the Vet, check and preparations to get ready for the start of the race.

I thought I would be going back to the ranch after the meetings but Doug had other ideas. He would take John and Warren back, but I needed to stay with the dogs, who had been loaded into the trailer and driven into town. Luckily, I had grabbed my long underwear and the other gear I would be wearing in the race, and changed clothes in the pickup. Otherwise, I would have had to run the race in my pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment