Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Montana January 2010 Part 11

Tuesday, January 12, 2010
With Arrow out of the line up, on injured reserve my team had no trouble keeping up with John. As we cleared Melanie’s corner, my outside runner caught on a ridge of snow made by the snow machines and flipped me and the sled onto our left side. I hit my head on the ground and left an impression. The snow hook bounced off the handlebar and landed right in front of my face. I grabbed it and set it before the dogs could pull away, righted the sled and we took off.

On the way back I had to really slow my team on the down hills. As a result I almost slid off the side of the road down the steep embankments that dropped away to my right at a 70-80 degree angle. Some of them dropped off for hundreds of feet. I worried that one of these trips, they would be calling for a helicopter to save the dogs and remove my body, if my runner dropped over the edge.



No comments:

Post a Comment