Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Montana February 2010 Part 7

Saturday, Feb. 6, 2010
The dogs got the day off. I spent the day helping Melanie, Colin and Warren getting everything ready for the truck that was leaving on Monday to take all the drop bags to Seattle, to be shipped to Anchorage, for the Iditarod. Tomorrow, Doug would be back with John. They would make any last minute adjustments to the drop bags. I would probably run a 12 dog team every day for the next 4 days, then rest them the day before the race. At least one or two of the runs would be 50 miles.

Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010
Doug and John arrived around 6 AM, after driving all night from Utah. John had slept most of the way and didn’t need any sleep. Doug went to bed and got up before noon. The rest of the day was spent in final preparations of the food drop bags and relaxing as Doug talked race strategy for the Iditarod with John, Tom Thurston and Warren Palfrey. I was disappointed and a little frustrated. I had expected to run dogs today and the afternoon was slipping away. I occupied the time doing the mundane things I needed to do to get ready for my race.

No comments:

Post a Comment